Sunday, December 28, 2008

No more driving PLEASE!

Whew, I feel as though I drove a million miles today. We went to Hollywood, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and ended at Venice Beach. Again, tons of photo's but can't upload them. :(

I wish there was more time to get away from the typical tourist crap and explore some National Parks and such but we head home tomorrow. At this point, I hate to say it but there is no desire to come back here. Honestly, I have never seen so many homeless folks and drunks staggering about then I have here in CA and that comes from someone who spends a fair amount of time in NYC!

The large homes you see on the hills are fabulous, the beach front properties amazing. The roads are in bad shape (and I thought PA had the worse roads) and folks that live here.... SLOW down! WOW! I thought I was a fast driver. 

We stayed at Ayres Hotel and I have no complaints. Perhaps one, the shampoo and soap have much to be desired. But the room is spacious and quiet. Only some traffic noise from the highway right outside. Free wi-fi and a nice continental breakfast including hot food. The room has a microwave and a refrigerator which is handy for our left overs. Most the time I can not sleep well at hotels but from the first night, no problem! 

I also got a 10 minute massage from some Asian fellow with a stand at Venice Beach and I gotta say, it was good. I had such tension in my neck from the plane and stress of everything. To bad he can't be there when I need him tomorrow! 

Promises to post some photo's when I get home, back to Marley who is missed so badly. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That beach looks amazing...But what contrasts CA sounds! Will look forward to more of your observations and photos soon! We are just back from out trip too...and getting over jet lag and cold. I think New Year will be rung in very quietly here at our place--LOL! An earthquake in PA??! What day was that...I don't recall an earthqauke! It was so great to see you while we were home! Can't wait until next time already. ((HUGS)) to you & sweet Marely! :o)