Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good ole liniments

Back in early 2007, I began my exploration into making liniments with Chinese herbs. While my intent was to just use them on clients and my loved ones, I have found a demand for them.

My first batch was made in January, my second batch in June/July. I made a die da jiu (trauma liniment) and a tendon relaxing liniment. At first, if someone had a jar, I would sell it to them that way. Later, I bought some nice amber colored bottles with dropper's to make it easier. When the liniment is handy, it is also easier for clients to use it, rather then have to go to Kamwo and have it shipped. Good for everyone all around.



One positive comment from a man who hurt his knee and didn't know what to do. I suggested his wife lightly massage the trauma liniment into the knee and surrounding area a few times a day. She reported the swelling decreased within hours. I also suggested san huang san but his wife wasn't to interested. :)

More information on treating common injuries can be found in Tom Bisio's book A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth as well as practical information on prevention, diet and exercise.

And just a small suggestion. After you buy the book, you will read of various products that are good to have on hand for when that injury does occur. Trust me, from experience I can tell you, have that stuff handy. Many things can take days to ship and by then your injury is worse. I highly suggest everyone have some trauma liminent and san huang san, just to name a few. If you are local to me, I can supply both those things. If you know me, you got my number. :)

Peace!

No comments: