Monday, May 19, 2008

Downtown York, PA - Part Three

Alley Cats

This store is located behind the Central Farmers Market.
It is open most Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9ish - 3ish.
717-718-1635






You will find vintage, vintage and more vintage! The clothes are amazing and as you can see from the photo's, you will want a lot of time to explore this little space. Today I actually got an old album, a soundtrack of Woodstock, 1969. My daughter got a 'turn table' for Christmas and of course has no albums. Who does these days? :) The giver of the turn table is going to be passing along some old albums from his collection one day so she is excited about that.


Did I mention they have hats?? There have been times we spent an hour trying hats on. All the while I am thinking.... who else put this hat on? Did the original owner of this hat die with it? There is a story attached to used items, to bad most go untold.




I just love this fancy rooster but couldn't for the life of me think of a place I would put him, so I passed on the purchase.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

LOVING your York, PA posts!! Tastes like home ;o) Alley Cats is a terrific shop--it's like buried treasure in there, you find all sorts. Haven't been there in ages...must go back next time! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))