Monday, May 12, 2008

Upcoming time off

My little world has been pretty busy lately, which is why I have been delinquent in my postings here. When I say busy, it is not as though I have been having loads of fun or anything! Not to sound negative, it is more like things have just been steady, unexciting. 

Lately I have been 'picking up' on some sort of under current around me. So many folks are seriously stressed out about the economy (who can blame them) and the state of our politics. I can only guess that this is all part of why I have been feeling the way I do. Clients have expressed concern about anxiety and depression. I wish this weren't so common but it is. Personally I have felt very tired, making it hard to work more then I have been. I am lucky in that any sleep issues I have had in the past are just that, in the past. I can easily sleep more hours then necessary. And then still take a nap mid day! 

In a discussion about this anxiety and depression, someone recommended a book that turns out to be one of Oprah's picks. Good ole Oprah, she does pick some good books though. She really gave The Secret some recognition and I am sure the same applies to the latest. I am currently reading A New Earth by E. Tolle. This is the first book I have read from this author. As I am not to far into it, it is hard to say ya or nay about this one. It is a thinker for sure and I find I am re-reading passages in order for  it to sink into my old brain. 

For health sake I decided to take some time off in June to gather my thoughts and recharge. Originally I was going to take a trip but that had to be put off. However, my health can't be so I will still take off work. A little over a week off and I have to keep telling myself, NO clients! NONE! I plan to turn the phone off too. (Well, I plan to but time will tell.) The extensive trip won't happen but some day trips, some time in the woods, stuff like that. Not to mention, kicking it off with acupuncture in NYC! 

The plan is for me to work on me. Get acupuncture, get a massage, lay by a lake, read and gather my thoughts, spend time with friends, stare at the sky. Sigh..... is it June yet?


2 comments:

Tracy said...

June is almost here! ;o) Your plan take some me time is a great thing. It is so easy to become overwhelmed by all that happens in daily life, not to mention the heaviness of national and world events...It's a tough time right now and easy to get caught in the undertow of all that's passing. Glad you have some fun in NYC planned soon. Be taking good care of you. Miss you, my friend ((HUGS)) Oh, and love the Wik. artilce on York. I saw that a little while back...Wik. is amazing!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the comment! Yes, things can get overwhelming. I am taking deep breaths and I saying "This to shall pass" a lot. :)

HUGS!