Saturday, September 22, 2007

Favorite movie

If you read my profile, you will see that one of my favorite movies of all time is Whale Rider. Having just watched it again..... for like the 100th time.... I thought I would recommend it to my readers. It has nothing to do with Chinese medicine. It takes place in New Zealand. It is about a young girl who goes against tradition to become a leader. While many people haven't heard of this movie, it won many awards and by far is one of the best films I ever watched. One day I will get a copy of the book written by Witi Ihimaera.

Keisha Castle-Hughes plays Paikea and has to be the most mesmerizing character. The hardest of hearts will melt watching her on screen.

So rent it or better yet, just buy it. Trust me, you will want to watch it a few times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched this movie a while back--it was sooo good...I cry easily, to this really had me going--LOL! Happy Day ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

It is a fantastic film and definately one to add to your collection. :-)
Trace